Richard lend me a book entitled, “Your Best Life Now.” I’m trying to make it a habit to read one chapter a day so that I won’t be overloaded with concepts and I would have enough time to digest one idea at a time. Today, I read about developing a healthy image. It says that we should be focused on renewing ourselves positively instead of dwelling on our negative and failure side. Moving forward, I was inspired by the man mentioned in the book. For him to move forward and change the course of his life, he started listing the things he should be thankful to God. I thought of making a list of my own. I am not sure if this would be a habit but let me start with this. I’m thankful for…
1. His boundless grace in my life. I’m not perfect, I’m a sinner. But his abounding grace always saved me.
2. His blessings, financial blessings. God never fails to provide all my needs and wants.
3. My job. Seriously. 🙂
4. My family, inspiring and helping me each day. And still welcoming me despite my imperfections. 😉
5. My friends, my inner circle friends, for my one-text-away friends, for one buzz away friends, for my special friends, for ALL my friends.
6. God is giving me dream and dreams. Dreams give me hope.
On a lighter tone, I’m thankful that today, God…
1. Give me reasons to smile. 🙂
2. Gave me ability to multitask – cook, clean, strum guitar, read book, and prepare myself to go to office.
3. Woke me up not too early and not too late (I don’t usually use alarm clocks).
4. Created people to creatively write books, books that I usually read and entertained me on my way to office
5. Used strong men to drive the pedicab, row the boat, drive the jeepney. Without them, how can I go to office, right?
6. Gave me cool officemates who are working professionally and entertainingly at the same time.
7. Gave me intellectual and technical abilities. 🙂
Let me stop with above items because if I’ll continue my list it would be a loooong list. I’m sure that you have your own things to be thankful. Start to thank God, now! 🙂